Job title: Product Development Chemist
Location: Swillington, Leeds
Date added: Friday 19th May 2017
Product Development Chemist
Competitive Salary + Benefits
With over 140 years’ experience, ROCOL’s range of innovative greases, oils, metalworking fluids, lubricants and cleaners are designed for today’s challenging operating conditions. ROCOL Lubricants, part of ITW Inc., has its head office in Leeds and operates in a number of countries worldwide, offering lubrication solutions to nearly every facet of industry with over 100 distributors stocking and supplying the product range worldwide.
Reporting to the R&D Director – we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Development Chemist to join our successful team. The role includes working on projects covering research and product management.
Purpose of Role
To be part of a Technical team dedicated to the delivery of new products that supports the Company’s business plan. You will support the R&D Director in establishing an effective new product development program, to achieve the Company’s objectives.
- Ensure new and existing products are developed in accordance with project briefs to agreed deadlines and budget.
- Work with manufacturing to develop improved processes and methods and thereby reduce cost and improve product quality.
- Assist with managing customer’s product complaints and any technical liability claims.
- Manage any patents or design registrations
- Ensure that all marketing materials are technically accurate and consistent.
- Ensure health and safety, technical data and directions for use are available for all products in local language and are labelled in accordance with current legislation.
- Assist with compliance requirements with regard to Reach, BPD, toxicology centres and GHS
- Provide support and advice in technical matters where necessary to other business functions.
- Keep documented records within scope of ISO registration
- Competitive salary
- Company & Personal Performance related bonus
- Free parking
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Free on-site gym
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV and covering letter to Kelly Evans (Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org).< Back to Careers
Hello. If you can’t find what you’re looking for then please do not hesitate to contact us, we’ll be glad to help. Please use the numbers below or why not try one of the social media streams.
- +44 (0)113 232 26 00
- +44 (0)113 232 27 40
- +44 (0) 113 232 2700
Our Customer Service department is open from 09:00am to 05:00pm Monday to Friday. That doesn’t mean you are on your own outside of business hours, the main contact desk is manned 24/7 so we can always help you in an emergency.