- Share This Item
VGP Compliant Lubricant For Wire Ropes & ROV Umbilicals
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Watch the BIOGEN WIRESHIELD video
- Read our latest Case Studies from:
- EU Ecolabel: Meets the most stringent environmental standards
- VGP Compliant: Biodegradable, Minimal Eco-Toxicity, Non-Bioaccumulative. Download VGP compliance statement
- Outstanding corrosion protection
- Highly resistant to water wash-off
- Maximum penetration ensuring protection at the cable core
- Does not drip or fling off due to the pseudo-plastic rheology
- Temperature range -50 to +180°C
- Friction reduction reducing abrasion and wear
- Simple & safe application
- Stable in the presence of salt water
- Also ideal for use on ROV umbilicals
- Approved for use on Rolls Royce Syncrolift
BIOGEN WIRESHIELD is a VGP compliant lubricant for wire ropes and umbilicals.
BIOGEN WIRESHIELD has been licenced to European Ecolabel (Licence no. UK/27/013). European Ecolabel is independent verification that BIOGEN WIRESHIELD meets the most stringent environmental standards and the US VGP regulations.
With the introduction of the latest issue of the Vessel General Permit (VGP), it is now a requirement for ship operators to use Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants on wire rope and umbilical applications. The regulations are enforced by law and penalties include significant fines and imprisonment.
Find out more about the regulations and what impact they will have on lubricant usage.
Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants are often quoted as having reduced performance capabilities when compared to traditional mineral oil lubricants. A No Compromise approach has been taken to the development of BIOGEN WIRESHIELD, leading to its performance capabilities being equal to or greater than mineral oil competitors.
In-house laboratory tests and extensive field trials with some of the largest wire rope and umbilical users and manufacturers in the world have repeatedly proven the quality of BIOGEN WIRESHIELD.
- Maximum penetration Ensuring protection at the cable core
- Excellent corrosion protection Preventing premature failure
- Extreme wash-off resistance Guaranteeing protection when wet
- High fling-off resistance Minimising slip hazards whilst providing long term protection
- Friction reduction Reducing abrasion and wear
- Simple & safe Non-hazardous to operator
- Biodegradable and low eco-toxicity Minimising environmental impact
- High level of pumpability Easy application with automatic lubricators
- High temperature stability Ensuring protection at high temperatures
- Stable in the presence of sea water Protection does not fail when exposed to sea water
- Low temperature capabilities Suitable for Arctic & Antarctic conditions
- High temperature stability Resistance at high temperature created by heave compression
- No sheen formula Will leave no traces of use
No reviews of this productWrite A Review
1 related video
There are currently no Questions & Answers found for this productContact Us
2 related brochures
Interested in this product?
Fill out the form below and someone will be in touch with you
Submit A ReviewClose
Share via EmailClose
Your review will appear on the website soon
Someone will be in touch with you shortly
Your recipient will recieve their email shortly